Friends, family, cyclists and stargazers welcome
The Highland Haven is a renovated agricultural barn, our interior has been inspired by scandinavian design and the prominence of blue relates to our surroundings.
The Caithness coastline provides us with the perfect location to offer the ultimate in switched off retreats. Blue sky thinking to yoga retreats, The Highland Haven has everything you need to unplug from the day to day and reconnect with all that this wonderful coastline has to offer.
- We have only used local builders and craftsmen in our renovations, supporting our local economy.
- Our timber cladding is not only locally sourced in Sutherland but also acts as insulation.
- Our heating and hot water are provided by an air source pump, enhanced by solar water heating panels.
- Our energy supply is 100% renewable.
- Our breakfast items are sourced locally and include fair-trade and organic products.
- We use ‘Eco Egg@TM for our laundry and dry outdoors whenever possible (this is the Highlands!).
We only use environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- We encourage our guests to use the recycling and compost bins.
- Fire wood is sourced from the community run Dunnet forrest.
- Guests can walk to some fantastic nature spots right on our doorstep.